Monday, May 03, 2010

Day 3: Can I go back to bed?


I did manage to survive last night without opening the bottle of wine in my cupboard or eating the chocolate bar in my freezer or treking to the gas station around the corner from my house to buy a pack of cigarettes. Truthfully, I wasn't really even all that tempted, but I'm sure that will come.

Despite my stellar behavior yesterday, I am sleepy and lethargic today. I pushed the snooze button on my alarm for an hour and a half this morning until I finally managed to force myself to get ready for work. Now that I'm finally here, I have a dull headache, I have a bit of a chill and my brain feels foggy. I assume this is part of the detox phase. Hopefully, I will start to feel better in a couple of days.

In the meantime, it turns out that my assistant has decided to do something similar with her food. We each came to this conclusion independently, but it helps to have someone who understands what I'm going through and who can hold me accountable at work.

Instead of usual snack of M & M's and diet A&W Root Beer after my Ethnic Gourmet lunch, I opted for a pear, some reduced fat Monterrey Jack cheese and a Tangerine Talking Rain Sparkling Water. I went for a walk. I convinced myself to workout on the way home. I felt much better by the evening. Calmer yet more energized than I normally do.

Image courteousy of Michael Lorenzo.

No comments: