Sunday, January 18, 2009

Delight In the Process


For the first time in years I feel like I'm on the right path with pursing freelancing. I know I have a really long way to go, but that actually kind of excites me. I'm actually looking forward to the process more than the outcome.

Don't get me wrong, I want to get published, make money and establish a good reputation for myself, but even if I don't, I know that I'm doing the "write" thing (sorry, couldn't help it) by pursuing this goal.

Is that how you feel about your current goals? If not, have you ever felt that way about anything?

(Photo provided by Michal Zacharzewski via stock.xchng.com.)

1 comment:

Martha said...

When I was still living in Portland I did a (rather boring) piece for the SE Examiner. You might try pitching some story ideas to them.

I'm working on my zen approach to life. We have no way of knowing what the future will bring or who we will be down the road, so we may as well savor today. (If only that were easy!)