Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Hunt for Black Pants

As fall approaches it seems as if it is nature's way of saying, "It's time to update your wardrobe." Having been inspired by an episode of "What not to Wear: Where are they now" on Saturday and a recent article in Real Simple, I am on the hunt for the perfect pair of black pants. And when I find them, which I will, I will buy them in charcoal and chocolate too.

However, this is not as easy as it looks. According to the article the perfect pair of pants for me is at Kohl's, but we don't have those out here. Also, said pants have an elastic waist band. I would like to believe that I am still too young for that.

You would think that having your office building attached to a mall would help, but I've been striking out there too. I have yet to search Meir & Frank and Nordstrom's.

Not only is the way the pants fit my body important. I also want them to fit my pocket book. I'm tempted to stop by Old Navy because they tend to have cute stuff for an affordable price, but I find that their clothes wear out from washing way too quickly. I want something that will last at least until winter, but more than one season would be fabulous.

These are the dilemmas of my life. I realize that they are very superficial and light compared to the trials that other women face such as losing family members in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina or war. For this I am thankful and just a twinge guilty.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martha said...

Natalie, sometimes your blogs are just uncanny.

Also, don't you love Real Simple?!

brataloid said...

thanks. i do indeed love it. it's so practical and helpful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paige said...

Hey chica, I am often in the market for black pants given that I work at the charthouse and it's part of my uniform. I can't rave enough about the editor pant from Express. They are about $39-$49 but they last a long time and they look great. Also don't forget to check out Gap. Some Gaps are much better than others. NW gap sucks but Pioneer place Gap as well as the one at the Tanasbourne Streets is really good. They will set you back between $29-$39 but are also plenty durable. They tend to be kind of stretchy, great for comfort but not always the most flattering. I got a great pinstriped black pant from Urban Outfitters that was expensive but they've been my absolute favorite for the office for the last year. Sorry to all the guys that just trudged through this comment...

brataloid said...

paige...you're a genius! i went to express and found the perfect pair of black pants. for me the best fit was the corespondent and they were on sale! yippee!