Monday, September 19, 2005

Princess for a day

I must admit I have been quite hesitant about getting to excited about the wedding. I don't want to be one of those idiot brides who stomps on everyone else to be a princess for a day only to find out that real life is no fairy tale and her real man is no prince charming. But yesterday I succumed and I loved it.

While walking by Jessica McClintock during the Race for the Cure my soon to be sister-in-law and I noticed this dress (G don't click on this link) in the window. After the race I dragged her back to the boutique so I could try the dress on.

Although it wasn't quite the right size it was smashing! I looked and felt like a snow fairy princess. So despite the previous challenge of finding the J. Crew dress I am returning the unopened box and purchasing the snow fairy princess dress right away!

I did face the let down as well when I got home after dress shopping. While the unexpectedly large credit card bill was upseting, what really got me was when I went inside because I was hungry to make dinner and start the homemade dog biscuits from the spent grain leftover after Gabe made beer. Despite the fact that he had asked me to make dinner because he was hungry he did not come inside until 2 hours after I told him dinner was ready. In the meantime I got so hungry I couldn't stop eating the dog biscuit dough...which sounds worse than it really was. Followed by taking the dog out to poop in the field I came back to the house a red slobbery mess of tears. Poor Prince Charming had no idea what hit him.

4 comments:

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martha said...

I love the new dress. I loved the old dress. I am still trying to convince myself that dog biscuit dough really isn't gross. :-)

Paige said...

Gorgeous darling, I like how shiny it is. There's nothing wrong with a little vanity, especially on your wedding day!

brataloid said...

it was only peanut butter, cooked grains and flour

oh...and thanks :)