Thursday, September 08, 2005

To DJ or not to DJ?

That is the question at hand. We were completely content to be the modern budget conscious bride and groom that this story refers to, but the lodge where we are having the wedding doesn't have the right equipment to work with the iPod. Therefore we would have to rent a PA system. Not to mention buy the iPod. Plus buy and download all the music. The average DJ in the town where we are getting married runs $450 for 4 hours of play time. It's beginning to look like we could easily spend the same on our own makeshift system.

However, when I talked to my fiance today he said that it is not the price he's worried about (unlike my dad), but the cheesy jokes and the cheap suited man bossing us around. I personally think that a DJ would simplify things and keep the reception moving.

Is it worth the extra effort and possibly cash to keep my groom happy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Well, I just served as DJ at a friend's wedding (for free) and I didn't wear a cheesy suit. Nor did I boss anyone around. I simply played the music they wanted and facilitated the reception. Easy.

The lesson: Find a friend with a laptop and a love of music. Or just give me a call.

Best of luck on the wedding!

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martha said...

I started to post a comment last week recomending Vince because he did such a good job, but then I remembered that you are getting married in Sandpoint ...

Vince does good work however. :-)

Terra said...

All I can tell you is to make sure you're happy with your DJ, if you decide to go that route. I've been to a few weddings recently and the DJ can make or break a reception, in my opinion...