Thursday, August 11, 2005

First Day at School

Ok...So it's not really school, but today was my first day of SuperSet and boy did I get my butt kicked. I can best describe it as a combination of step aerobics, free weights and circuit training. All muscle groups are worked in intervals of 3 minutes. All of this left me purple and sweaty and sprawled on my step about 30 minutes in to the workout. You'll be happy to know that I rested briefly and got back into the rhythm in time to work on my triceps and my abs and finish out the class with some grace.

I have to hand it to the 3 other ladies who are at least as old as my mom if not older who barely broke a sweat. Needless to say...I'll be pacing myself at the next class on Saturday. It occurred to me after the class that this is exactly what I need...Something to make me actually exert myself. A couple more months of this and I should hardly recognize myself. I can't wait to be buff for the wedding.

1 comment:

Paige said...

You go girl, stick with it. That's the secret!