Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Other Half

The other half of the hesitation that I neglected to mention yesterday is the lurking question floating in my conscious "does it really matter?" Does the way I look or the percent of fat on my body really matter in the long run? Does it help me develop more fulfilling relationships, advance further in my career or enjoy my free time more? According to Sean the fitness counselor I spoke with last night it does. And I'm not totally sure why, but I'm inclined to believe him.

As it stands my life is good. I have a comfortable home, a fantastic fiance, a wonderful variety of friends, supportive parents, an adorable dog, an eye-opening book club, a newly started creative writing club, and a challenging (but not too stressful) job. I'm busy but not too busy. In fact, most parts of my life seem to be well balanced. And yet something seems to be off still and I can only think that it is this nagging desire to get in shape.

I guess we'll see, eh? I did go ahead and take the plunge yesterday so I'm already for my first SuperSet class tomorrow at 5:30 am. And I ordered "Small Changes, Big Results" from the library yesterday too. So as I continue to get in shape I'll keep you posted as to if it changes the my overall satisfaction with my life.

P.S. Paige, I'm looking forward to a tennis match and after we play we can go swimming in our pool. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5.30 in the morning?! That's nuts. I don't think I can imagine being anywhere at 5.30 in the morning. Hell, the other day, I went to sleep at 4.15 am.

I'm not saying that you can't do it, in fact I would like to know the secret of your success if you do.